I decided to add a new regular topic to my blog which will be called ‘Let’s Talk…’ In this section I will discuss everything fashion: findings, fashion news, my opinion about some topics, etc.
So, on to the first topic: Fashion Trends! A fashion trend simply reflects what seems to be going on at a certain point in time.
We often get carried away by trends/must haves of the moment/season and feel like we have to have particular items in our lives. Now that’s where I think we get lost, because when you buy every trend item (I am not saying it is a bad thing!) you’re more likely to end up buying items you will probably only wear once, twice or not at all. I guess that’s why a lot of people think that being a fashion addict is an expensive hobby. It doesn’t have to be, it can be as cheap or expensive as you want it to be! I’ll tell you why.
Trends come and go rocketfast, and only some of them will stay a little longer. Trying to keep up with all the must haves is quite unrealistic and exhausting. Besides, not everything is your style. So to keep yourself from being a fashion victim, here are a few tips:
1. Choose trends that suit you and will complement your personal style! There’s always trends that suit our body type, but if they don’t, do not force yourself into something that will not make you look good at all.
2. When doubting about something, think, think, think! WHY do you actually really need it again?
3. Ask yourself whether you could wear the item in 5 different styles with what’s in your wardrobe.
4. Wear your trends more than one season, as they can be styled in different ways.
5. Last but not least: use Wantworthy! (www.wantworthy.com)
|My Wantworthy page – A few of my wannahaves|
Wantworthy is a platform where you can literally save anything you find on the web and I love it. In that way you get to create your own wishlist. Most of the time when I look back at items I once put on there, I realise that I don’t really need it and remove it. Easy! And it gives you time to think before you purchase.
What are your fave trends of moment/season?
Thanks for reading!